What's New: Future Therapies in Stroke Rehabilitation (Physicians Only)
Description: This on-demand webinar will assess the state of the art for novel therapies that are yet to be established as standard of care in stroke rehabilitation. This will include neuromodulation technology, robotics, virtual reality and brain machine interface.
Instructor: Richard L. Harvey, MD, Medical Director, Stroke Rehabilitation, Wesley & Suzanne Dixon Stroke Chair, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago; Associate Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the theory behind the use of non-invasive and invasive brain stimulation
- List the types of robotics that can be used in stroke rehabilitation, their advantages and disadvantages
- Discuss how virtual reality can be incorporated into clinic stroke rehabilitation
- Assess the current limitations of brain machine interface for stroke
Successful Completion: After viewing the 1 hour pre-recorded webinar, you will complete a course evaluation and take a short assessment. You may download copies of your certificate from the RIC Learning Portal or request a copy to be sent to you by mail.
Continuing Education Credits
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Basic Computer Requirements: You will need access to a computer with an Internet connection. High speed broadband access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is highly recommended.
- PC: Compatible Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- MAC: Compatible Operating System: OS X Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Cancellation Policy: To request a cancellation of an on-demand program, please provide written notice by letter, email, or fax or contact us by phone within 24 hours of placing your order and we will refund you the full course fee. If you cannot give notice within 24 hours, a credit towards a future course of equal value would apply.
We Also Recommend
6/6-6/8 41st Annual Interdisciplinary Spinal Cord Injury/Disease Course: Advancing Healthy Lifestyles