Medical Management of Parkinson’s Disease
Instructor: Santiago D. Toledo, MD, Attending Physician, Shirley Ryan AbilityLab; Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Department of Neurology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Audience: Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Speech-Language Pathologists
Description: This webinar will engage the audience to review the current diagnosis and management of Parkinson’s disease. The most common medication therapy, new treatments, practice parameters and strategies in geriatric neurology management of PD will be presented and discussed.
Objectives: Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Review the syndrome of idiopathic PD, its epidemiology and etiology
- Describe the physical symptoms and to list non-motor symptoms and cognitive changes in PD
- Outline medical treatment with the most common medications and new treatments in advanced PD
- Illustrate PD-specific non-motor issues and define management strategies
- Define concept of neuroprotective therapy in PD
Continuing Education Credits
This course is offered for 0.1 ASHA CEUs (intermediate level, Professional area).
This course has been approved by the Illinois Physical Therapy Board for 1 Contact Hour. Approval #216-000069
The Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an approved provider for the American Occupational Therapy Association to offer continuing education in occupational therapy. This intermediate level program awards occupational therapists 0.1 CEUs or 1 contact hour. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. AOTA CLASSIFICATION CODE: OT Process
Financial – Receives a salary for teaching this course from the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Non-Financial - No relevant non-financial relationships to disclose
Basic Computer Requirements: You will need access to a computer with an Internet connection. High speed broadband access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is highly recommended.
- PC: Compatible Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- MAC: Compatible Operating System: OS X Web Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Cancellation Policy: To request a cancellation of an on-demand program, please provide written notice by letter, email, or fax or contact us by phone within 24 hours of placing your order and we will refund you the full course fee. If you cannot give notice within 24 hours, a credit towards a future course of equal value would apply.
We Also Recommend
10/09/18: Improving Nutritional Compliance of Dysphagia Patients for Nursing and Allied Health Practitioners